Central Coast Cook

Central Coast Cook
Morro Bay, CA

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Cage of Fear

Sunday's message was given by my brother in Christ Brandon Buck and he did an awesome job. He usually does. He talked about trusting in God and God's promises. We have many promises from God, but we still have a hard time trusting Him. He has never failed us, but we constantly fail Him. Still, even so, He keeps His promises. Proverbs 3:5 and Proverbs 29:25. Fear is a trap, a cage with an open door we are too afraid to walk out of.


I had been trapped in a cage of fear for a long time. It wasn’t until I came back to church and started healing from the pain inflicted on me over so many years that I finally found the courage to take the out-stretched hand and come out of the cage. Mind you, I still did it shaking in my boots, but I made it out. Sometimes I still find myself wanting to crawl back in, but I have lots of support who are willing to step between me and that cage and help me up and back on my feet.

It really has been the Lord, looking at me like a beloved child and telling me that I am worth it to bolster my strength. My church family is a huge support system and I love each one of them, right where they are. We are all learning and growing together. I have hope again because I have been released from my cage. I have the love of several people. I have the love of my Heavenly Father and I know that everything will be alright in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment