Central Coast Cook

Central Coast Cook
Morro Bay, CA

Saturday, October 5, 2013

My October Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window - Is a mess of a yard. We have a very large back yard, the largest on the block. When dug up the side of the house to put in the new patio we never got around to getting the sprinklers fixed. Besides the vast amounts of crab grass that made up the lawn the sprinklers don't work and we are out of money. We hope to get this remedied soon, but for now, it is a dead project. Maybe a few garden gnomes will make the dry grass and gopher holes seem a little cheerier.

I am thinking - That it is easy to say that God will provide my every need, but it is tougher to have faith when you are in the middle of the storm. I refuse to give up believing and having faith that He will do as He says. In the meantime, I am thinking I would love nothing better than to take another trip to Plymouth, MA again on a real vacation. My husband and I enjoyed it so much on our honeymoon we are dying to go back.

 


I am thankful - For my job, both of them actually. I love both of my jobs. I am thankful for living on the central coast, where the weather is mostly beautiful throughout the year. Especially since I consider rainy weather beautiful as well. One of our local beaches is frequently used in movies.



 

 
In the kitchen - The kids and I had so much fun making fruit shapes and mini pizzas for my daughter's lunches last week. Apparently my mini homemade pizzas are a bigger hit than anything we have to have delivered.
 

 
I am wearing - Jeans and a t-shirt because I was weeding today. I can't do a whole lot because I hurt my elbow some months ago, but the weeds are out of control. So, I decided to work on it for a bit at a time and use the shovel to give me the opportunity to pull them out easier. However, the ants in my yard are crazy. We have these new tiny black ants that swarm like crazy and I have never seen anything like it before. I sprayed the weeds in the degenerated granite area with weed killer and I just know that I will feel better once they are mostly eradicated.
 
I am creating - Well, it is a work in progress as we move forward with our meetings, but I co-wrote our church's Christmas play this year. I think it will be quite funny and entertaining and yet touch on all the important meanings behind Christmas. I would like to just take a moment to say that I felt Christ inspired and I give Him all the glory.
 
I am going  - I have jury duty on the 15th. This is the second time I have ever been summoned for jury duty. It is a very interesting prospect and I am blessed in knowing that my company pays me for my time in jury duty. I think that makes the attitude towards jury duty a better one.
 
I am wondering - What does my cat dream about when he sleeps? He is so cute and I can't believe the kinds of positions he sleeps in. He is about to fall off the couch. I think his head is hanging over the couch.
 
 
 
I am reading  - Several different fee Kindle books have been downloaded to my phone app. I have been diving into a few new ones recently. I am currently reading The Housewife Assassin's Handbook by: Josie Brown. I have only just started reading it, but so far the action started right away and I am already hooked into the story.
 
 
 
I am hoping  - We can raise the $1700 in property taxes that are due by December 10th. We started a jar and listed several things in the house to sell. With Mom losing her unemployment and unable to find work due to worker's comp damage and side issues, things tightened up even more. We are all praying for a miracle.
 
I am looking forward to  - To the new theater opening up at the mall next month. Not only will it offer more than 80 new job opportunities, but we are hoping that it will revive our mall that has become a joke to most of the people living here.
 
 
 
I am learning - To be  more loving and compassionate towards my Mother who has been struggling with memory loss and comprehension difficulties caused by brain damage due to lack of oxygen.  I constantly have to remind myself that her asking me the same things over and over again is not meant to irritate me. It is so hard not to let my feelings rule me when I have to repeat myself, or when I write things down in an ABC order for her to follow, she still can't understand what I ask. Never realized how many problems can be caused by memory loss. I am so worried about it getting worse.
 
Around the house - I have been working on several organization projects. Being hurt makes them difficult to complete, but I have grand plans for the bedroom, living room, kitchen and garage. We finally evicted all the mice from our garage last month and we are still working on the clean up process.
 
I am pondering - New ways to make my daughter's lunch healthier and ensure that she will eat it. I have been reading several blogs and getting some great ideas. Not all of them are within my financial budget, but I am finding ways to work around it. So far she loved last week's lunches and we will be making some new things tomorrow for her lunches.
 
A favorite quote for today - I don't really have a quote for today, but "Don't worry, be happy," is more my speed today. Even though it is a song, I love it and it describes me today.
 
One of my favorite things - Having my hair played with. It is so relaxing to me. It is also a good way to put me to sleep. As long as it doesn't get tangled up, I am a happy girl.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week - With church on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Pampered Chef team meeting on Tuesday and play practice on Thursday, it is a very busy week. Hopefully I can squeeze the gym in somewhere.
 
A peek into my day - I slept in today. Saturday is the only day I get to do it, but it means missing water aerobics. Sadly, no matter how much I sleep I am still tired.  After that I did a couple loads of laundry that have been sitting on the garage floor after the great mouse eviction. Did some grocery shopping with Mom, bank transactions and then pulled some weeds for about an hour. Now I am resting with my husband.
 
 








6 comments:

  1. I love the ocean and your beach pictures are lovely! Hope you are able to get that vacation away in the near future! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, my very first ever blog comment! Thanks for comment. Have a great week also.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I want to tell you that I'm honored that you're reading my book right now. So glad you're enjoying it. You have a beautiful, beautiful home, and please know my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Josie,

      I'm a writer too. Not that I have finished anything yet or published anything yet, but I am hoping soon. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be a single mother doing that kind of work. I am not very far into it yet though. Thanks for such kind words. I love it here, today is 91 degrees, but rarely gets that hot. I know things will get better.

      Delete
  3. I have a funny little cat who loves to sleep on her back with her eyes half open. I often check on her to see if she's okay because she looks so...disturbed, ha ha! Cats bring such joy! You do live near a beautiful beach...what a blessing! I do hope you'll be able to go to that pretty place in Plymouth, MA. Wow!! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live near Pismo Beach. We get the marine layer here often, but it is lovely weather most of the time. We have two quirky kitties. They are too funny. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete