Central Coast Cook

Central Coast Cook
Morro Bay, CA

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Emergency Preparedness - A Bowl Full of Lemons - Part 1

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2012/12/emergency-preparedness-week-1-storage.html#comment-36870

So I have been thinking because the world is changing so much with its weather patterns and such that there is nothing worse than being unprepared. I have been doing a lot of thinking because of the earthquakes we have in California. We aren't really that far away from the San Andreas fault and we can feel earthquakes all the way up as far as San Francisco. Everyone keeps saying that California will drop into the ocean with the "Big One" and if that is true, no amount of emergency preparedness is going to save us, but hey, who knows what will really happen. So we are supposed to locate a emergency center and get a storage rack, backpacks and storage tubs. I am thinking our entry closet would be perfect, but it is a disaster right now. I am thinking of changing that into a emergency/entry/ coat closet. Now I just need to find the time and the tools and a home for the other things stored in it. I have seen some really cute organization ideas for entry closets and I am thinking of designing our closet this way. It will require some wood work from the hubby, but he loves that kind of stuff. Something like this I think.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment